“The Beast” is done and fun new purchases for the master bedroom!

Yesterday, was a wonderful day! The sun was shining, birds were chirping, buds are beginning to pop up, the air was crisp and it felt really good! It made me feel like everything was going to be okay and we can do this! Hope everyone is well and safe!

In a recent post, I showed you how I worked on a dresser in our bedroom.  At the end of the post, I mentioned the second dresser I fondly called “the beast”. I started work on said dresser this week. Along with the dresser, I have been pulling other things together for the master bedroom. I ordered two lamp shades and a duvet cover and shams from Ballard Designs, two night tables from Wayfair, a full length mirror from Hobby Lobby and a quilt and sham set from Pottery Barn. I normally don’t do a lot of online shopping. I like to touch and see what I buy in person. But we adjust to the times, so I ordered. To my delight I love everything I ordered and it was all at great sale prices!

IMG_6566 (2) Just like the other dresser, I stripped the top and the drawers and then sanded them. In this case, the dresser was so tall I needed a stool to reach the top.

IMG_6581 On one of the drawers, a piece of veneer was coming off. I needed to repair it before I sanded.

IMG_6582                                                    I used Titebond III wood glue.

IMG_6585 (2) With a small brush, I was able to get the glue under the veneer without damaging it further.

IMG_6586 (2)      After wiping off the excess glue, I clamped it together and let it dry.

IMG_6595 (2) After sanding and adding Minwax Polycrylic protective covering. The area that was damaged is not even noticeable.

IMG_6592 (2)                     The top of this dresser came out just as good as the drawers.

IMG_6597 (3)

Just like the first dresser, I painted the body of the dresser with Annie Sloan Versailles Chalk Paint. Once it dried, I sanded it smooth. After removing any dust I, applied Annie Sloan clear and dark wax.

IMG_6600 (2) I have to admit I was a little nervous trying to recreate what I did on the other drawer pulls. Note to self, do all the drawer pulls at the same time! All in all, I like the result. Maybe a little greener than the other pulls, but they will not be right next to one another and no one will notice.

IMG_6613 (3)                                                               The “beast” is done!

Now it is a matched set! These two are now ready for the next 100 years!

 

IMG_6573 (2) I have been looking for side tables on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for quite some time. I needed small tables with storage (either a drawer or bottom shelf).  The tables I saw were too big, dated or just did not fit what I was looking for. I decided to try looking at online retail sites. I found this table on the Wayfair website. It fit all the criteria and I love the color. Boom!

IMG_6500 (2) I told you I had ordered lamp shades, but first I had to revamp the lamps. As you can see they were black. I almost forgot to take a before picture.

IMG_6601 (2)                        I used Annie Sloan Country Grey and Versailles Chalk Paint.

IMG_6470 (2) I painted the lamp with Country Grey first and then Versailles. I wanted to give the lamp more depth and not look like the dressers.
IMG_6506 (2)                       After painting, I sanded the lamp to bring out the undertone.

IMG_6472 (2)                 As I was sanding I went down to the base color to give it a worn look.

IMG_6602 (2)                After sanding was finished, I used Annie Sloan clear wax to seal it.

IMG_6508 (2) I really like the distressed look and the way the Annie Sloan Country Grey Chalk Paint shows through.

IMG_6510 (2) Here is the finished lamp with my gorgeous new Ballard Design shade. When I ordered them I wasn’t sure. I knew I wanted something with texture, but these went beyond my expectations. Love, love them!

IMG_6603 (2)            These are the Duvet cover and Euro shams I ordered from Ballard Design.

IMG_6604 (2) I knew I wanted a neutral color to balance out the bold pattern I chose for the roman shades in our bedroom. The thing that drew me to this particular set were the pleats on the duvet cover. It matches the pleats in the drapery I dyed and put up in the bedroom.

IMG_6610 (2)     This is the quilt set I got from Pottery Barn. I was drawn to the color and the texture.

IMG_6607 (3) Lastly, the full length mirror I got from Hobby Lobby. I decided I am not going to use the big mirror I had over the dresser. It does not fit the look of the room. This full length is exactly what I was looking for.

I purposely did not show any of the new items in the master bedroom. I am getting close to a full reveal and wanted it to be completely done before I showed you. I am getting really excited, it has been a long time coming!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s